Easy Horse Care is a non-profit rescue centre saving neglected and abused horses, ponies and donkeys across the Alicante region of Spain.
In my role as volunteer media manager, I am responsible for:
- Writing regular press releases for local, national and international English and Spanish media.
- Arranging media interviews with centre co-founder Sue Weeding.
- Coordinating bimonthly newsletters (sent via Mailchimp).
- Updating the centre’s website (built on Joomla) and social media (especially Facebook).
- Running major fundraising campaigns.
- Promoting monthly open days, events and fundraisers.
- Liaising with key stakeholders.
- Taking promotional photographs.
- Designing and marketing merchandise and products.
- Coordinating a small volunteer press team, including a photographer, videographer, translator, media officer and graphic designer.
I work in both English and Spanish.